Daikon Radish with White Yuzu Miso
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
1 Daikon Radish
2.5×5 inch Dried Kombu
1.5L Rice Water
* Yuzu Miso*
1cup White Miso
2 Tbsps Sugar
2 Tbsps Mirin
1. Cut the daikon into 3cm(1 1/4inch) thick slices and peel the skin. Cut into halves and trim off the edges, cut a shallow cross into one side of each slice.
2. Place in a large saucepan with the rice water. Bring to boil and precook for 15 minutes. Then rince the daikon under cold water.
3. Put kombu and water into a wide medium pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. (Don't bring to boil)
4. Add daikon and reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 50 min until daikon is soft.
5. Put miso, grated yuzu zest, yuzu juice, sugar and mirin into the sauce pan over medium heat and cook. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy.
6. Serve the hot daikon with miso paste on top.