Gomoku Gohan (Vegetable Pilaf)
50g Burdock Root
60g Shimeji Mushroom
2 tsps Soy Sauce
2 tsps Sake
1 tsp Mirin
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Wash the burdock root with brush.
2. Shred the burdock root with knife.
3. Peel the carrot and cut into 2-inch-long thin stripes.
4. Cut the konnyaku into 1/4 inch x 1.5 inch rectangles.
5. Wash the rice with running water over 5 times until there is no more white rice starch coming out of it.
6. Drain the water and place the rice in a large pot. ( I used Japanese clay pot 'Donabe')
7. Add dashi, sake, soy sauce, mirin and salt.
8. Put the vegetables and abura-age on the rice.
9. Cover the lid and bring it to boil. ( It takes about 7 min)
10. When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook 12-13min.
11. Let stand for 15min with lid.