Green Pea Rice with Salted Sakura
Salted Sakura Cherry Blossoms
10g Sakura Cherry Blossoms 10g
2 Tbsps Salt
10cc Ume Plum Vinegar
1. Rinse the cherry blossoms with water.
2. Pat dry with paper towel and put the cherry blossoms and salt into a small container.
3. Mix well and pour in the ume plum vinegar.
4. Cover the salt pickled cherry blossoms with plastic wrap and put a weight on top. Leave it for 3 days.
5. Squeeze the liquid out of the cherry blossoms and coat with salt.
6. Put the salted cherry blossoms on a paper towel and dry for 3 days.
7. Place the cherry blossoms into a small glass container and add some salt.
Rinse with water before use.
You can keep it for 1 year.
Green Pea Rice
100g English Peas
3 Cups Sushi Rice
3 Cups Water
2 tsps Salt
1 Tbsp Sake
2.5×5 inch Dried Kombu
1. Cook the English peas in salted boiling water for about 2 min.
2. Wash the rice with filtered water over 5 times until there is no more white rice starch coming out of it.
3. Drain the water and let stand for 30min.
4. Place the rice in a large pot. ( I used Japanese clay pot 'Donabe') Add water, salt, sake and kombu.
5. Cover the lid and bring it to boil. ( It takes about 7 min)
6. When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook 12-13min.
7. Add the English peas and let stand for 15min with lid.