Japanese Berry Short Cake
For the Genoise
3 Egg Whites
3 Egg Yolks
1 Tbsp Butter (melted)
1. Preheat the oven 350F.
2. Put the egg whites and sugar in a stand mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
3. Add egg yolks and mix well.
4. Sift the flour.
5. Add the flour into 3 and gently fold.
6. Finally, stir in the melted butter and milk mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into the lined cake pan.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30min until golden on the top.
9. Slice the cake into 3 layers.
For the Syrup
1 Tbsp Raspberry Brandy
1. Put the sugar and the water in a sauce pan over medium heat until the sugar melts.
2. Allow to cool completely and add the raspberry brandy.
500cc Heavy Cream
4 Tbsps 200g Strawberries
1. Put the heavy cream and sugar in a stand mixer and whisk until creamy.
2. Place a layer of cake on a plate and put the syrup on the cake with a brush.
3. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and put the sliced strawberry and blueberry.
4. Put some cream on the berry and spread.
5. Repeat steps 2.3.4 for the middle layer.
6. Place the remaining layer of cake on the top and put the syrup on the cake.
7. Pour the whipped cream on the cake and coat the surface with a spatula.
8. Whisk the remaining whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Fill the piping bag with whipped cream and pipe around the rim of the cake.
9. Put the blackberries, raspberries and blueberries on the cake.