JAPANESE UME PLUM CORDIAL
Ume(plum) Cordial; a popular summertime beverage in Japan. It’s super easy to make!
500g Ume Plum
500g Rock Sugar (You can use Cane sugar, Agave Nector or Honey)
1. Pour hot water in a jar, rinse, dry completely.
2. Wash the plums and remove the stems. The stems are small and deep, so use a toothpick to dig them out.
3. Put ume plum and rock sugar in a jar. Place a layer of plums in the jar, then a layer of rock sugar, then a layer of plums, then a layer of rock sugar.
4. Store the jar in a cool, dark place for about 2 weeks. Shake the jar occasionally.
5. Remove the plums, store the syrup in the refrigerator.
6. Please enjoy it with a splash of water or sparkling water.