Katsuo Tataki (Marinated Bonito)
Katsuo (Bonito Sashimi)
1 New Crop Onion
7 Shiso Leaves
1/3 cups Daikon Sprouts
4 Tbsps Sugar
4 Tbsps Soy Sauce
2 Tbsps Rice Vinegar
2 Tbsps Sake
1. Slice the onion, scallions, 5 shiso leaves and garlic into thin slices.
2. Cut the daikon sprouts into half.
3. Put the sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sake into the sauce pan and bring it to boil.
4. Place the dressing in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Cut the bonito into 1cm thick pieces.
6. Place the sliced onion and 2 shiso leaves on the plate.
7. Place the bonito on the shiso leaves.
8. Put the scallions, shiso, daikon sprouts and garlic on bonito.
9. Pour the dressing over it and pat lightly with spatula.