Matsutake Mushroom Rice
3 cups Short Grain Sushi Rice
3 cups Dashi
2 Matsutake (150g)
2 Tbsps Sake (Rice Wine)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Shave off the tough stem ends of matsutake thinly with a knife, like shaving a pencil. Wipe the dirt off the matsutake with a wet paper towel. Cut the matsutake into small pieces.
2. Wash the rice with filtered water over 5 times until there is no more white rice starch coming out of it.
3. Drain the water and let stand for 30min.
4.Place the rice in a large pot. ( I used Japanese clay pot 'Donabe') Add dashi, sake, soy sauce, light soy sauce, salt and matsutake.
5. Cover the lid and bring it to boil. ( It takes about 7 min)
6. When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook 12-13min.
7. Let stand for 15min with lid.