Matsutake Mushroom Rice
3 cups Short Grain Sushi Rice
3.5 cups Konbu Dashi
2 Matsutake (150g)
3 Tbsps Sake (Rice Wine)
2 Tbsps Soy Sauce
1. Wipe the dirt off the matsutake with a paper towel. Shave off the tough stem ends of matsutake thinly with a knife, like shaving a pencil. Slice the matsutake.
2. Wash the rice with running water over 5 times until there is no more white rice starch coming out of it.
3. Drain the water and place in a large pot. ( I used Japanese clay pot 'Donabe')
4. Add konbu dashi, sake, soy sauce and matsutake.
5. Cover the lid and bring it to boil. ( It takes about 7 min)
6. When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook 12-13min.
7. Let stand for 15min with lid.