Shaved Ice with Matcha Syrup & Sweet Azuki
We made Shaved Ice with Thick Matcha Syrup and Sweet Azuki Bean"Uji Kintoki 宇治金時”. I found this Zojirushi Bear Ice Shaver at MoMA Design Store in NYC!
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
*Sweet Azuki Bean*
250g Azuki Bean
250g Sugar (I used beet sugar)
1. Clean azuki with water and cover with 1L water. Bring them to boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat and cook for about 30min, drain the hot water.
3. Cover the azuki beans with 1L of fresh water and bring them to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat and cook for 1-1.5 hours until the beans become tender.
5. Drain the hot water and add sugar.
6. Cook for about 15min with low heat.
100g Shiratama Powder (Rice Flour)
1. Place shiratama powder in the bowl.
2. Add water and knead with hand.
3. Make small balls with hands and push the center of ball with your finger.
4. Boil the shiratama dango about 5 min.
5. Transfer the shiratama dango into cold water.
2 Tbsps Matcha powder
2Tbsp Hot Water
1. Place sugar and water in the sauce pan and cook until sugar dissolved.
2. In a small bowl, put the matcha powder and pour hot water.
3. Mix well with chasen (bamboo matcha whisk).
4. Add the syrup and mix well.
3 lb Ice
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1. Make shaved ice with shaved ice machine and pour the matcha syrup and condensed milk.
2. Put the shiratama dango and azuki bean on the shaved ice.