Tagliata with Onion Soy Sauce
Ingredients: 4 -5 serves
1.5lb Rib Eye Steak
Salt & Pepper
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Sake (Rice Wine)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Mirin
3 Tbsp Sugar
3 cups Arugula
1. Rub the steak with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, then sprinkle the salt and pepper.
2. Heat the frying pan over high heat. Put the steak in and cook for 3 min on each side.
3. Remove the steak from the pan and wrap it in aluminum foil. Place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
4. Deglaze the pan with about a half cup of water making sure you get all those yummy brown bits up from the bottom and pour this into a seperate bowl and leave aside.
5. Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to the pan and sauté the minced onion till caramelized.
6. Pour the beef stock, sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar into the pan and cook for about 10 min.
7. Using a regular blender or an immersion blender, blend the sauce to make it smooth and thick.
8. Cut the steak into thin slices and arrange on top of arugula.