Trout Caviar with Soy Sauce
1 Full Skein Trout Roe
2 Tbsps Salt
50cc Soy Sauce
2 Tbsps Sake
1 Tbsp Mirin
1. Rinse and unravel the trout roe in warm water (105F) with your hands. Remove the skeins.
2. Dunk the trout roe in the salted warm water and let it sit for 5 min. Drain in a sieve.
3. In a sauce pan, pour the sake and heat it up until boiling.
4. In a small bowl, place the soy sauce, mirin, boiled sake, trout roe and comb.
5. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 day. You can keep them for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.