4 pieces Spanish Mackerel (Sawara鰆）
1/2 Tbsp Salt
300g White Miso
2 Tbsps Sake (Rice Wine)
1 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Sugar (I used Beet Sugar 甜菜糖)
1. Put the spanish mackerel on the paper towel, sprinkle the salt on both sides of the fish and let sit for about 30min.
2. In a bowl, put white miso, sake, sugar and mirin. Mix well with spatula.
3. Wipe the fish with a paper towel to absorb the water.
4. Place the miso marinade into the container. Dip the fish pieces into miso marinade and cover with miso completely. Leave in refrigerator for one day.
5. Pick up fish pieces and wipe excess miso off.
6. Preheat oven to 400F.
7. Put cooking sheet on the pan and place the grill rack on top. Place fish pieces on the rack and grill for about 4-5 min. Flip the fish and grill for 3 min.