Dorayaki (Pancakes with Sweet Red Bean Paste)
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsps Water
2 tsps Vegetable oil
Sweet Red Bean Paste (Heat the sweet red bean soup until it becomes thick)
1. In a large bowl, add eggs, sugar, honey, mirin, and water and whisk well.
2. Add Flour and baking powder. Mix until the batter becomes smooth.
3. Cover the bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for 30 min.
4. Heat the frying pan with small amount of oil and wipe excess oil.
5. At medium-low heat, pour the batter onto the pan and make pancakes that are about 3.5 inches in diameter. Cook about 2min until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side about 2min. Make 16-20 small pancakes.
7. Put about two table spoons of sweet red bean paste on one pancake, then cover it with other one to make a sandwich.