Ingredients: Serves 5
Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
2 cups Dashi
6 Tbsps Soy Sauce
6 Tbsps Mirin
3 tsps Sugar
1 Myoga (sliced)
1. In a sauce pan, put dashi, sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Bring it to boil and cook for 1 min.
2. Cut the eggplants with shallow (1/4 inch) slits top to bottom on the skin.
3. In a heavy pot, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil until 350F.
4. Fry the eggplant for about 3 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Then place on a plate lined with paper towels.
5. In a container, place the eggplants and dashi. Marinate for 30 min at a minimum. (Chilled in the fridge, this dish is perfect for the hot summer!)
6. Place the eggplants, with a light twist, on the dish. Pour dashi and top with sliced myoga.