Persimmon and Mitsuba Shira-ae (TOFU PURÉE)
Ingredients (Serves 4-5):
7 oz(1/2pk) Tofu (Medium Firm)
2 Tbsps Dashi
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsps Tahini
2 tsps White Soy Sauce
1. Peel the persimmons and cut them into 8 wedges.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Place the mitsuba into the pot. Cook for 30 sec-1min until tender. Drain well and put the mitsuba in the cold water.
4. Keeping all the mitsuba in one direction, squeeze with hands to remove excess water. Cut the mitsuba into 1.5 inch blocks.
5. Grind tofu, dashi, sugar, tahini and white soy sauce with suribachi (Japanese grinding bowl). If you don't have a suribachi, use food processor food processor or blender, blend together until puréed.
6. Place the persimmon and mitsuba into suribachi, mix together.