Simmered Turnip & Pork
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 Japanese Little Turnips 'Kokabu'
150g Sliced Pork Belly
2 tbsp Sake
2 tsp Salt
1. Discard turnip stems and coarsely chop leaves. Cut the turnips into quarter from top to bottom and peel the skin.
2. Cut the pork belly into bite-size pieces and rub in salt.
3. Put dashi, sake and turnips into the pot. Turn on the heat to medium.
4. When it comes to boil, add the pork and turnip stems. Skim off the scum.
5. Turn down the heat to low and cook for about 8min.